#16. The average life span of a $50 bill is 55 months.
Beat the New Job Jitters
Around 6 million kids ages 16 to 19 get summer jobs each year. So, if you have the jitters about starting a new summer job – you’re not alone! Here are a few things to think about before your first day at work.
- Remember, they hired you, so they like you already!
- Everyone gets the jitters the first day of anything. Remember how you felt the first day of high school? You survived, right?!
- No one expects you to know everything on your first day or even your first week of work.
- Think about how good it’s going to feel to start getting those first paychecks!
- Keep in mind that whatever your new job is, by the end of the summer you’ll have new skills and probably even new friends.
Once you start your new job, don’t be afraid to ask questions or admit to your boss if you mess up. Hiding your uncertainty or mistakes will only make things worse. And don’t forget that the longer you’re there, the easier everything will become. So, hang in there!